ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
Updated January, 2018
This acceptable use policy (this “Policy”) describes prohibited uses of the 4me service (the “Service”) and the website located at http://4me.com or https://www.4me.com (the “4me Website”). The examples described in this Policy are not exhaustive. We may modify this Policy at any time by posting a revised version on the 4me Website. By using the Service or accessing the 4me Website, you agree to the latest version of this Policy. If you violate the Policy or authorize or help others to do so, we may suspend or terminate your use of the Service.
No Illegal, Harmful, or Offensive Use or Content
You may not use the Service or the 4me Website for any illegal, harmful or offensive use, or to transmit, store, display, distribute or otherwise make available content that is illegal, harmful, or offensive. Prohibited activities or content include:
- Illegal Activities — Any illegal activities, including advertising, transmitting, promoting, or facilitating illegal activities.
- Harmful or Fraudulent Activities — Activities that may be harmful to our users, operations, or reputation, including offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions, or engaging in other deceptive practices.
- Infringing Content — Content that infringes or misappropriates the intellectual property or proprietary rights of others.
- Offensive Content — Content that is defamatory, obscene, abusive, invasive of privacy, or otherwise objectionable.
- Harmful Content — Content or other computer technology that may damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept, or expropriate any system, program, or data, including viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, or cancelbots.
No Security Violations
You may not use the Service to violate the security or integrity of any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device (each, a “System”). Prohibited activities include:
- Unauthorized Access — Accessing or using any System without permission, including attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a System or to breach any security or authentication measures used by a System.
- Interception — Monitoring of data or traffic on a System without permission.
- Falsification of Origin — Forging TCP-IP packet headers, email headers, or any part of a message describing its origin or route. This prohibition does not include the use of aliases or anonymous remailers.
No Network Abuse
You may not make network connections to any users, hosts, or networks unless you have permission to communicate with them. Prohibited activities include:
- Monitoring or Crawling — Monitoring or crawling of a System that impairs or disrupts the System being monitored or crawled.
- Denial of Service (DoS) — Inundating a target with communications requests so the target either cannot respond to legitimate traffic or responds so slowly that it becomes ineffective.
- Intentional Interference — Interfering with the proper functioning of any System, including any deliberate attempt to overload a system by mail bombing, news bombing, broadcast attacks, or flooding techniques.
- Operation of Certain Network Services — Operating network services like open proxies, open mail relays, or open recursive domain name servers.
- Avoiding System Restrictions — Using manual or electronic means to avoid any use limitations place on a System, such as access and storage restrictions.
No Email Abuse
You will not distribute, publish, send, or facilitate unsolicited mass emailings, promotions, advertising, or solicitations (like “spam”), including commercial advertising and informational announcements. You will not alter or obscure mail headers or assume a sender’s identity without the sender’s explicit permission. You will not collect replies to messages sent from another internet service provider if those messages violate this Policy or the acceptable use policy of that provider.
Our Monitoring and Enforcement
We reserve the right, but do not assume the obligation, to investigate any violation of this Policy or misuse of the Service or the 4me Website. We may investigate violations of this Policy or misuse of the Service or 4me Website; or remove, disable access to, or modify any content or resource that violates this Policy or any other agreement we have with you for use of the Service or the 4me Website.
We may report any activity that we suspect violates any law or regulation to appropriate law enforcement officials, regulators, or other appropriate third parties. Our reporting may include disclosing appropriate customer information. We also may cooperate with appropriate law enforcement agencies, regulators, or other appropriate third parties to help with the investigation and prosecution of illegal conduct by providing network and systems information related to alleged violations of this Policy.
Reporting of Violations of this Policy
If you become aware of any violation of this Policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the violation. To report any violation of this Policy, please send an email to email@example.com.