4me can quickly, easily, and securely be set up to suit a wide variety of organizations, ranging from typical IT organizations and other service domains to enterprises and complete business ecosystems. 4me is also often used in organizations where services are outward-oriented, such as government organizations that serve citizens, retail organizations and other B2C organizations. In all those cases, 4me ensures that information is only available to people who are entitled to it, in order to comply with all privacy regulations.
To make it easier for account administrators to guarantee complete privacy for their end users, a new setting has been added to the Account Settings: End user privacy. It prevents end users from seeing information of other end users. This setting controls other settings. By enabling it, the ‘External end users may mention others’ setting is automatically disabled, for example.
The setting also restricts several options in the Self Service Settings:
Here is a complete list of ways in which enabling the ‘End user privacy’ account setting affects end users in an account:
- End users of this account cannot mention others
- It is not possible to mention end users of this account
- End users of this account cannot request or order on behalf of others
- It is not possible to request or order on behalf of end users of this account
- End users of this account cannot add people to a watchlist
- It is not possible to add end users of this account to a watchlist
- Person, organization, and site suggest fields in UI extensions show nothing
- End users of this account are excluded from person, organizations, and sites suggests
- Organizations in this account are always marked as external
- End users of this account cannot be made customer representatives (only specialists can)
- End users of this account cannot be made key contacts
- End users of this account do not see the ‘All Requests’ view in 4me Self Service
- End users of this account can only see their own information on the reservation calendar
- It is not possible to see information of end users of this account on the reservation calendar
When the ‘End user privacy’ account setting is enabled, existing customer representatives and key users are not removed. Existing internal organizations are also not updated to external organizations.