Updated November 27, 2018
4me, Inc. (“4me,” “we,” “us,” “our,” or the “Company”) is committed to protecting the privacy of individuals who visit the Company’s Websites (“Visitors”), individuals who use the 4me Services as defined below (“Customers”), and individuals who register to attend the Company’s corporate events (“Attendees”).
“Customer” – means any entity that uses the 4me Services.
“Customer Data” – means data provided by or on behalf of Customer or Customer’s Users via the 4me Services.
“Customer’s Users” or “Users” – means an individual authorized by Customer to access and use the 4me Services.
“Visitor” – means an individual that visits the 4me Websites.
Visitors of the 4me Websites submit data while they navigate the websites. With respect to such data 4me acts as a data controller of personal data.
Customers of the 4me Services submit data to the 4me Services as part of their use of the 4me Services. With respect to such customer data, 4me acts as a data processor, and a customer of 4me acts as the data controller of personal data. 4me processes data customers submit to the 4me Services or instruct 4me to process on their behalf.
Information obtained via the 4me Websites
The types of information we collect about our Visitors:
Information you provide to us
We ask for, and may collect, personal information such as your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address, when
- you fill out and submit web forms on our 4me Websites.
- you use interactive features of our 4me Websites.
- you respond to a 4me ad displayed on our 4me Websites or third party sites.
- you register for or attend a sponsored event or other events at which any member of 4me, Inc. participates.
- you request a free trial of the 4me Services.
- you participate in our surveys.
- you report a problem with our 4me Websites or 4me Services.
- you contact us.
We do not collect nor process special categories of personal data.
4me, Inc., and its authorized third parties, may use information-gathering technologies, such as cookies, to collect information as you navigate through the 4me Websites. These technologies are listed below:
- Web Beacons. We may use web beacons or transparent GIF files. These enable our service providers to recognize a cookie in your browser, which helps us manage and measure our online advertising and analyze traffic. The cookie was placed either by us or by our service providers. The information that we collect by using these technologies is anonymous and not personally identifiable.
- Similar Technologies. Besides cookies and web beacons we may use similar technologies such as HTML5 local storage, local shared objects, tags and scripts. These are used for similar purposes as cookies and web beacons.
- Do Not Track. Without a common industry or legal standard for interpreting Do Not Track (DNT) signals, 4me does not respond to browser DNT signals. 4me takes privacy and meaningful choice seriously and shall make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
- We keep log files while you navigate the 4me Websites. These logs include timestamps of your visit, your IP address, internet service provider, browser used, operating system and other device identifications and configurations, locale and language preferences, visited URLs, referring and exit pages, and what you search for.
How we use the information
We may use the collected information about Visitors for the following purposes:
- To identify areas for improvement, and improve the 4me Websites
- To measure the effectiveness of the 4me Websites and marketing efforts
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with the 4me Websites
- To provide you with information, products or services that you requested from us
- To provide you with a trial account of the 4me Services when requested
- To send you an invoice in case you are an Attendee to an event organized by 4me
- To notify you about changes to the 4me Websites
- To obtain any required consent
- To respond to any problem that you reported to us
- To respond to any request that you send to us
- To notify you when we are legally required to do so
We, and our authorized third parties, may use your personal information to provide you with information, products or services that you requested from us.
How we share the information
We may share collected information about Visitors with business partners, contractors and service providers that support us in our business or who provide services on our behalf. We may also disclose your personal information to (i) comply with legal obligations, (ii) enforce or apply our policies, (iii) protect the brand, rights, properties and/or safety of 4me, Inc. and others.
4me does not distribute, sell, rent, or trade information that its Visitors submit to the 4me Websites to anyone.
- The browser and/or mobile devices you use may provide you with the ability to control cookies and other types of local data storage and whether location or other data is shared. 4me does not control these choices or default settings which are offered by the producers of your browser and/or mobile devices.
- Visitors may withdraw their consent to be sent information, products or services by clicking on the “Unsubscribe” link in emails sent by 4me.
- Upon reasonable request, we will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information with regards to your usage of the 4me Websites. To request this information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information obtained via the 4me Services
The types of information we collect about our Users:
- Customer Data
Customer Data means data provided by or on behalf of Customer or Customer’s Users via the 4me Services. Customer Data is controlled by the entity that owns an account provided by the 4me Services. Where 4me collects or processes Customer Data, it does so on behalf of the Customer.
Safeguarding the privacy of Customer Data requires the cooperation of the Customer. For example, Customer is responsible for the access they offer their users to their data. Customer is also responsible for the quality, integrity, reliability, and appropriateness of data submitted to the 4me Services and must comply with applicable laws in using the 4me Services.
4me has no direct control or ownership of any personal data it processes. 4me generally does not have a direct relationship with individuals whose personal data is submitted by customers to the 4me Services. 4me does not control how its customers use the data they store in 4me. An individual who seeks to correct, amend, or delete personal data within the 4me Services should direct this request to the Customer of 4me.
Customer Data may contain links to websites or files that are not under the control of 4me. 4me is not responsible for the contents or functionality of any such third-party content or anything that can be accessed via such third-party content.
- Other information
4me may also collect, receive and process the following types of information:
- Account setup. For QA and production accounts of the 4me Services we may collect Customer’s company name and address, account name, account logos, domain details, account owner name, account owner email address, account owner contact telephone number, user names, and administrative contact information.
- Trial accounts. For trial accounts of the 4me Services users are asked to provide first and last name, email address, company name, country and telephone number.
- Billing information. For Customers that have purchased a paid version of the 4me Services we may collect billing contact person name, billing contact email address and billing address. We do not collect credit card or other bank account information.
- Communications. Information and communications our Customers and Users submit to us in connection with the 4me Services via email or via Requests through the 4me Services.
- Business partners. Information we receive from our business partners in connection with their Customers and Customers’ Users using the 4me Services that the business partner supports.
- Usage. Quantitative data gathered from the usage of an account of the 4me Services. Examples include: keeping track of the number of users with a billable role, keeping track of capacity levels, information about accounts, which features are used, and how often.
- Logs. We keep log files while you use the 4me Services. These logs include timestamps of your usage, your IP address, internet service provider, browser used, operating system and other device identifications and configurations, locale and language preferences, and visited URLs.
- Integrations. If you integrate your 4me account with a non-4me service, either directly or via the 4me Integration Service, we connect that service to ours. The provider of the non-4me service may share certain information about you or your account with 4me. However, we do not receive or store your passwords or private keys for any of these non-4me services. For more information on standard integrations, click here. For more information on developing service integrations, click here. For more information on the 4me Integration Service, click here.
How we use the information
We use your information for the purpose of providing and improving the 4me Services.
- Customer Data
4me may access and use Customer Data as reasonably necessary and always in accordance with Customer’s instructions for the following purposes:
- To provide, maintain and improve the 4me Services
- To prevent or address service, security, technical or support matters
- To comply with legal or regulatory requirements
- To comply as set forth in our agreement with the Customer or as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer.
4me does not sell, rent or trade Customer Data. 4me does not share, distribute, use, disclose, review, transfer or reference any Customer Data except as expressly permitted in writing by the Customer, or as required by law. We never use Customer Data or derive information from it for marketing or advertising. Additional information about 4me’s confidentiality and security practices with respect to Customer Data is available at our Security Overview page.
- Other information
4me uses other types of information while providing the 4me Services for the following purposes:
- To create and administer a customer account.
- To identify areas for improvement, and, improve the 4me Services.
- To diagnose and resolve technical problems with the 4me Services.
- To communicate with you or your support organization by responding to your requests.
- To send you email and 4me broadcast messages. We may contact you regarding changes in the 4me Services, changes to our Service Offerings, changes to our Policies, important service related notices, such as upcoming infrastructure changes, security and fraud notices. These email and messages are considered part of the 4me Services and you may not opt-out of them. In addition, we regularly send email about new and updated features or other news about 4me. You can opt out of those at any time.
- To send you an invoice or a statement of usage.
- To keep track of billing and payments.
- To keep the 4me Services secure and to prevent abuse and fraud.
This policy is not intended to place any limits on what we do with data that is aggregated and/or anonymized so that it is no longer associated with an identifiable User or Customer of the 4me Services.
How we share the information
- Customer Data
In accordance with the agreement with the Customer and the Customer’s instructions, 4me may share Customer Data, including:
- With third party service providers and agents. We may engage authorized third parties or individuals to process Customer Data.
- With third party integrations. We may, acting on behalf of our Customer, share Customer Data with the provider of an integration added and enabled by Customer, or authorized by Customer to add and enable via the 4me Integration Service. 4me is not responsible for how the provider of an integration may collect, use and share Customer Data.
4me may share or disclose Customer Data and other information as follows:
- When changing our business structure. In the event of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of 4me’s assets, similar transactions or proceedings, or steps in contemplation of such activities, personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred to the buyer or acquirer.
- To comply with law. To comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security, law enforcement requirements, court orders and legal processes.
- To protect rights and safety. To protect and defend the 4me brand, rights, property, safety of 4me, Inc., our Customers, Users, third parties and others, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with investigating and preventing fraud.
- Other information
4me may share other information as follows:
- Generally, when you have a request regarding the 4me Services you should direct this to your support organization. When you contact 4me directly to help resolve or answer your request regarding your account of which you are a User, then in order to help you and given our relationship with our Customer, we may share your request with our Customer and/or their authorized support organization.
We may disclose, or use aggregated or anonymized information for any purpose.
- Customer Data
Customer provides us with instructions on what to do with Customer Data. A Customer has many choices and control over Customer Data. For example, Customer may give or revoke access to the 4me Services, enable or disable third party integrations, manage roles and permissions, manage recurring export settings, setup trust relations with other accounts and add accounts to directory accounts, anonymize personal data and redact notes. Since these choices and instructions may result in the access, use, disclosure, modification or deletion of certain or all Customer Data, please review the 4me Account Administrator Training pages for more information about these choices and instructions.
4me supports the opportunity for individuals to exercise their choice in determining the sharing of personal information with third parties and limiting its use to the purpose for which it was collected. As a data processor, however, 4me cannot extend that choice with regard to Customer Data directly to the individual and must refer all opt-in or opt-out requests to the Customer who controls that data.
- Other information
If you have any questions about your information, our use of this other information, or your rights when it comes to any of the foregoing, contact us at email@example.com or via regular mail at the contact address listed below.
The security of your personal information is important to us. 4me maintains appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality and integrity of the personal data its Visitors and Customers submit via the 4me Websites and 4me Services, both during transmission and once it is received. However, we cannot guarantee that hackers or unauthorized personnel will not gain access to information, despite our efforts. You should note that by using our services, your information will be transferred through third party infrastructures which are not under our control. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information and Customer Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Customers of the 4me Services are responsible for protecting themselves against unauthorized access to their passwords, private keys and computers, and unauthorized disclosure, alteration and destruction of personal data. To learn more about 4me’s Security practices, refer to https://www.4me.com/security.
The 4me Websites and 4me Services do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13 then do not submit any personal information via the 4me Websites or 4me Services. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that information.
Location of data
All Customer Data uploaded to the 4me Services is always stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). 4me does not offer Customer Data to be stored anywhere else.
Other information may be transferred from the European Economic Area to the United States.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
4me complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States. 4me has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. 4me may process some personal data from individuals or companies via other compliance mechanisms, including data processing agreements based on the EU Standard Contractual Clauses. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, refer to https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
555 Bryant Street #156
Palo Alto, CA 94301